Hello my dear family and friends! Well...this week marks a big milestone in my mission. I have been gone for 6 months!!! I can't even believe it! So in honor of this, I will be sending a ton of pictures today instead of writing a big long email. So go check 'em out. :) Time is short and there's too much to say to try and sum it all up in a few short paragraphs...so I'll substitute with pictures...after all, 'a picture is worth a thousand words'....right? :)
The work is going so great here in the M.I.M! I love being a missionary. It's tough work, but every now and then, you see the fruits of your labor...like yesterday...at church we had one of the biggest congregations in the Albany branch history. We filled up the entire chapel! That says a lot for this small little town. Everyone expressed their amazement at the number of people that were there as they bore their testimonies. I got a little emotional as some of the members mentioned that a lot of it was due to the hard work of the sister missionaries in the ward. I know that it's a team effort...our work combined with that of the members, and of course, our Heavenly Father....but it's still great to see that we are making a difference. As a few tears rolled down my cheeks, I looked down to see that a few of those tears had landed on my name tag. I was instantly reminded of the reason I am here..I am a representative of Jesus Christ. I wear His name over my heart every day. I love Him. My purpose is to invite others to come unto him. As I am obedient, faithful, and diligent, I can be a tool in His hands to help bring others to the gospel...What a wonderful work I am a part of!
The missionaries from my MTC district that stayed in the mission
me and all 1700 people of the population welcome you to Albany ;)
my cute lil' country gal :)
No comments:
Post a Comment