Hey all!!
First off, I got transferred! I was serving in the most northern area of the mission, and now I have been sent to the most southern part of the mission--Iola, Kansas. It reminds me a lot of Albany....I'm still in the middle of nowhere, and it's a pretty small town. I must be destined to be a country gal! :)
First off, I got transferred! I was serving in the most northern area of the mission, and now I have been sent to the most southern part of the mission--Iola, Kansas. It reminds me a lot of Albany....I'm still in the middle of nowhere, and it's a pretty small town. I must be destined to be a country gal! :)
My companion is wonderful...her name is Sister Forbush. Before I left on my mission, I had joined a group on facebook for future sister missionaries. There you could find and talk to sisters that would be going to your same mission. Sister Forbush was one of the first sisters I added. We had even had the conversation of something along the lines of, "hey! we're going to the same mission! maybe we'll be companions someday!" not thinking it would ever really happen. haha. We came out the same time, and knew each other in the MTC. What are the chances? :)
Also. Crazy thing.
IT'S MY HALFWAY MARK THIS WEEK!
What the....?! Can you even believe it? 'Cause I can't. time has seriously flown by. every week I am amazed at how fast the previous week was, and now, I'm just like....goodness gracious, I am halfway done with my mission! I am going to be home before I know it! So in honor of this milestone in my mission, I wanted to share a few lessons I have learned so far on my journey of serving in the M.I.M:
I have learned:
IT'S MY HALFWAY MARK THIS WEEK!
What the....?! Can you even believe it? 'Cause I can't. time has seriously flown by. every week I am amazed at how fast the previous week was, and now, I'm just like....goodness gracious, I am halfway done with my mission! I am going to be home before I know it! So in honor of this milestone in my mission, I wanted to share a few lessons I have learned so far on my journey of serving in the M.I.M:
I have learned:
- Patience....with myself, with others, and with The Lord.
- The Gospel has the power to heal broken hearts
- The Gospel has the power to heal broken hearts
- Heavenly Father answers prayers!
- The Atonement allows us to change and grow, and accomplish things we never would be able to on our own
- The Atonement allows us to change and grow, and accomplish things we never would be able to on our own
- To love others and see them the way Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father see them
- The gospel is the only way to true, genuine, everlasting happiness.
- Miracles happen....every. single. day.
- The only way the Lord's work will move forward, is if members and missionaries work together.
- Heavenly Father knows my heart. He loves me more than I can comprehend.
I wish I could share everything I have learned so far on my mission, but I'm afraid if I did, I would be typing for the next 9 months until I arrived home! I feel so blessed to be able to serve this mission. I am learning so much...about life, the gospel, myself, the plan that our Heavenly Father has for each of us....and oh so much more! Being a missionary is incredible. I've never been happier in my life! This Gospel is True! I know it. I live it. I LOVE it! :)
Sister Hyer
I wish I could share everything I have learned so far on my mission, but I'm afraid if I did, I would be typing for the next 9 months until I arrived home! I feel so blessed to be able to serve this mission. I am learning so much...about life, the gospel, myself, the plan that our Heavenly Father has for each of us....and oh so much more! Being a missionary is incredible. I've never been happier in my life! This Gospel is True! I know it. I live it. I LOVE it! :)
Sister Hyer
No comments:
Post a Comment