Hey there!
It's me. Sister Hyer.
So....The time has come. My stay here in iola is coming to an end. It's been an amazing 6 months (holy cow, 6 months?!) filled with many adventures and journeys that have helped me learn and grow. After a while, I was beginning to think I would end my mission here, and leaving only felt like something I'd face when I got on the plane to go home. But the Lord needs me somewhere else....where? I won't know until tomorrow...but I'll go where He needs me to go!
iola has become my home over the past 6 months. I knew I cared about this place and the people here, but saying goodbyes yesterday made me realize how much I truly love them and how wonderful my stay here really has been. I didn't think leaving the area would be this hard...but through many hugs, tears, and 'I love yous', my heart felt a little different than I thought it would.
Reflecting on my journey here in iola, Kansas, I thought I'd share a few things I've learned/experienced over the past 6 months.
while serving in iola, I have:
- met so many incredible people
- experienced Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, my birthday, and Valentine's Day all in one area
- learned to love the country
- learned to love the country
- met more dogs, horses, chickens, and cows than I thought even existed
- laughed, cried, and made memories that will last forever
- driven a total of 10,000+ miles
- seen oh so many miracles
- learned more about the Gospel than I have my entire life
- had the blessing of being a part of 3 baptisms
- come to understand the importance of member missionary work
- been shaped and refined by trials
- learned the importance of prayer
- realized that I truly "can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13)
And above all else, while serving in iola,
- My faith and testimony have been strengthened. I can truly say with more conviction than ever that I know this Gospel is true. Heavenly Father loves us and has a plan for all of His children. Our savior Lives! Through the power of His infinite Atonement, we can be strengthened and be enabled to do things we would not otherwise be able to do by ourselves. The Gospel was restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith and we are lead by a living prophet and apostles in these latter days. The Book of Mormon is true and can help us come closer to our Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ. It's all true!
Goodbyes are hard. But I'm truly grateful for the time I've been able to spend here. Iola Kansas will forever hold a special place in my heart.
Here's to the last stretch of my journey. Onward to wherever the Lord needs me.
I love you all!
Sister Hyer
No comments:
Post a Comment